Whether you don’t have access to a gym or just want to get in a quick ab workout without leaving the comfort of your living room after a ride, it’s still possible to build a strong and stable core with
Bodhi Linde, an avid cyclist, has been riding his bike to school every day since kindergarten. So when his school switched to online learning because of the COVID-19 outbreak, threatening to get in the
As spring weather beckons us outside, keep in mind that venturing into warmer woods means more exposure to ticks in most parts of the country—and ticks can create big health problems for nature lovers.
First it was a news story about some coronavirus half a world away. Then we learned the new virus was particularly deadly, and it was spreading fast. The new virus crossed the ocean, killed a man in Washington,
Amid all the uncertainty and forced solo riding due to the spread of COVID-19, cyclist Tobie DePauw wanted to do something to support his local bike shops of Madison, Wisconsin. DePauw ran a bike shop
The Takeaway: An affordable cargo bike that can handle heavy loads and gentle inclines. A generous gear range with a triple chainring help you keep your cargo rolling. • Smaller wheels and a steering-corrector
• Just because vitamins, supplements, and medications can help prevent and treat the common cold and symptoms of the flu, that doesn’t mean they are the best measures to prevent and treat COVID-19. • getting
In the face of a postponed race season, the cancellation of group rides, and widespread stay-at-home orders amid the spread of COVID-19, many cyclists are turning to riding indoors. But in this strange,
Since it’s still difficult to get tested for COVID-19, people are getting creative when it comes to self-diagnosing. For some, that’s included looking to their fitness tracker for early signs of illness.
When it comes to snacking, you want foods in your pantry that not only taste good, but that also keep you full. Hummus is often touted as a nutritious, protein-packed snack that’s especially good for But
• According to new research presented at the American College of Cardiology’s annual scientific session, consuming higher amounts of protein (between 58 and 74 grams a day) can help lower your risk of
• The Olympic and Paralympics Games have their new dates set for almost exactly a year to the day from their original dates. • Both events were postponed on March 24 due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
• According to a new study, active resting postures like squatting and kneeling can increase your overall health. • While you would benefit from crouching down into a squat while watching TV or kneeling
Sure, you can use weights or resistance bands to build muscle. But if you want to mix up your cross-training routine and boost the intensity, suspension trainers—like TRX—are a great way to go. You can
Are you looking to fill the cobbled-sized void left by the postponement (and possible cancellation) of this year’s spring Classics due to the global spread of the coronavirus? Well, we’ve got you covered
• After Dirty Kanza canceled its camps amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Life Time decided to put on a virtual camp the first weekend of April. • In addition to virtual rides, the camp will feature ride challenges,
• Recent research published in Brain Plasticity found that aerobic exercise may help lower your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. • After going through 26 weeks of training, people who improved aerobic
There’s no question that eating three square meals a day has been our society’s practice for as long as we can all remember. But, with regard to performance—and even weight loss—people often wonder if
This article has been medically reviewed by Carl J. Fichtenbaum, MD, professor of clinical medicine at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. For the most up-to-date information, check resources
While riding is our favorite form of exercise, it’s important to mix things up a little, and there may be times when you just aren’t able to fit in a ride. Cross-training not only helps enhance your cycling-specific
The Takeaway: This hybrid bike serves up an ideal blend of speed, stability, maneuverability, and comfort. Best of all: You can buy this bike online and have it shipped to your house. Lightweight aluminum
Sometimes, their caravan met with another. One always had something that the other needed— as if everything were indeed written by one hand. As they sat around the fire, the camel drivers exchanged information
• According to new research, published in the journal Frontiers in Nutrition, those who start the keto diet can experience symptoms similar to the flu, such as brain fog, headache, decreased energy, gastrointestinal