Usually this time of year, the calendar is filled with races like the Boston Marathon, the London Marathon, the pro track circuit, and the NCAA Championships. Also, this year, we were awaiting the action
Despite the general consensus that strength training makes runners faster, more efficient, and less prone to injury, many still skip the weight room or half-heartedly crank out a few reps of biceps curls
Typically, this is one of the best times of year for sports fans with March Madness, the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the NBA Finals, the Boston Marathon, the Masters, and so much more ahead on the calendar.
• Cleaning your tracker or phone after your runs can help cut down on the spread of germs. • Though not likely a way coronavirus will spread, keeping your shoes outside the door and washing your running
• On April 2, Monica Aldama, head coach of Navarro College’s cheer team, posted an at-home, bodyweight core workout on her Instagram page. • Strength training isn’t just important for cheerleading, but
As the weather warms up, more of us head outdoors and wander off paved roads onto trails or into wooded areas to run. That, unfortunately, means a greater risk of exposure to ticks. While no one wants
When it comes to choosing the right sports bra, having enough support on your run is your first priority, at least for us. But how you get that support can really be a personal preference. Some runners
It’s been a little more than a week since officials postponed the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games because of the coronavirus pandemic, and athletes all over the world are still adjusting to the news.
• According to new research, published in the journal Frontiers in Nutrition, those who start the keto diet can experience symptoms similar to the flu, such as brain fog, headache, decreased energy, gastrointestinal
Two-time Olympian and 2018 Boston Marathon champion Des Linden drinks three to four cups of coffee each day. “I’m a huge coffee fan,” Linden tells Runner’s World, which should come as no surprise since
If you’ve ever had a big breakfast right before a run, you probably learned the hard way why it’s not always the best idea. Food plus hard exercise usually equals queasiness and cramping at best—and full-on
• According to a recent presentation at the American College of Cardiology’s annual scientific sessions, taking more steps each day can help lower your blood pressure. • For every 1,000 daily steps taken,
Surgeries and MRIs rescheduled. Orthopedic clinics and physical therapists’ offices shuttered. Even spin classes and pools—the last refuge of sidelined runners—are largely unavailable right now. The coronavirus
When pools across the country locked their doors this month to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, runners, triathletes, and swimmers alike shared a collective cry. If you’re an injury-prone runner me,
Since it’s still difficult to get tested for COVID-19, people are getting creative when it comes to self-diagnosing. For some, that’s included looking to their fitness tracker for early signs of illness.
The RW Takeaway: The Provision 4 has a new feature to ensure a locked-in fit, while still preserving the cushioned platform and stable ride it’s known for. New InnovArch wraps “three-fingers” around the
While the spring race season was largely cancelled this year due to the coronavirus pandemic, the good news is that the latter half of 2020 will be jam-packed with running events. A whopping five World
• The Olympic and Paralympics Games have their new dates set for almost exactly a year to the day from their original dates. • Both events were postponed on March 24 due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Anyone who has ever cooked regularly for any period of time knows of the following emergency situation: You just came back from a run, you haven’t gone grocery shopping in at least a week, you don’t have
• A Florida man ran 100 miles to raise money to support New York City run-specialty stores and NYC Health + Hospitals amidst the coronavirus pandemic. • The 28-year-old had never ran 100 miles before,
• The 2020 Western States Endurance Run was canceled Friday because of the coronavirus spread. • This is only the second time in the race’s history that the event in Squaw Valley, California has been •
The RW Takeaway: Traction that performs beyond its price and a nimble ride make the Skyfire ideal for budget-minded mountain racers. Midsole feels firm, responsive, and protective thanks to a forefoot